提示:担心找不到本站?在百度搜索 海棠书屋 | 也可以直接 收藏本站

01 恋爱与婚姻

      第九堂
    个人情感
    01 恋爱与婚姻
    单恋一枝花
    dialogue
    jim has paid undivided attention to lucy, but lucy regards him as a friend. jim's colleague john asks him the development between them.
    吉姆一心一意地爱着露西,但是露西只是把他当作朋友看待。吉姆的同事约翰询问他们之间的进展。
    john: jim, how about your date with lucy in the cinema last night?
    约翰:吉姆,你和露西昨天在电影院的约会怎么样?
    jim: well, after the cinema, we had a walking in the garden.
    吉姆:看完电影后,我们去公园散步。
    john: what happened then?
    约翰:然后发生什么了?
    jim: we had a chat for a while. i said that i love her, but she turned aside from the topic again. she always said i was just her friend,and she liked to have fun with me.
    吉姆:我们聊了一会儿。我说我喜欢她,可是她又把话题岔开了。她总是说我只是她的朋友,很喜欢和我一起玩。
    john: oh, guy, i think you need to calm down and move your affection from her now.
    约翰:噢,伙计,我想你现在需要冷静一下,不要把感情再放到她身上了。
    jim: i really love her with my true heart. and i don't think i can love anyone else in my life.
    吉姆:我全心全意地爱她。我想我以后不会再爱上其他人了。
    john: i can understand your feeling, jim. but you have tried your best, and it's time to give up now. there will be a girl waiting for you, for you are such an excellent guy. think positively.
    约翰:我能理解你的感受,吉姆。你已经尽力了,现在是该放弃的时候了。会有一个女孩在等着你,你是一个如此优秀的小伙子。想开点。
    jim: thank you for consoling me, john.
    吉姆:谢谢你安慰我,约翰。
    john: ok, let's go to play ping-pong outside. come on, guy, be a man!
    约翰:好,那我们去外面打乒乓球吧。走吧,伙计,男人一点!
    jim: all right. give me a bat.
    吉姆:好吧。给我一个球拍。
    notes
    1. date [deit] n. 日期,年份;(非正式)约会,约会对象;时期,年代;v. 确定年代,标署日期,追溯到;使显得过时;(非正式)约会
    2. have a chat 聊天,闲谈
    3. topic [?t?pik] n. 题目;话题,主题
    4. affection [??fek??n] n. 爱,爱慕;感情,温情
    5. excellent [?eks?l?nt] adj. 优秀的,卓越的,杰出的;精良的,极好的
    6. positively [?p?z?tivli] adv. 乐观地,肯定地,积极地
    7. console [k?n?s?ul] v. 安慰,慰问
    8. bat [b?t] n. 球拍,球棒
    小贴士
    forget-me-not
    forget-me-not 又被称为don't-forget-me是一种生长在水边的蓝色小花“勿忘我”。在英国、德国、意大利各地,都有许多散文和诗词以forget-me-not来描述相思与痴情。人们认为只要将forget-me-not带在身上,恋人就会永远将自己铭记于心、永世不忘。在这蓝色小花的背后,还有个流传于欧美民间的浪漫爱情故事呢!“勿忘我”这种花的名字来自一个悲剧性的恋爱故事。传说,一位德国骑士和他的恋人在多瑙河畔散步时看到了河畔绽放着蓝色的不知道名字的小花,骑士不顾生命危险探身摘花,却失足掉入急流中。自知无法获救的骑士举起了花,微笑着对她说:勿忘我。在今天,勿忘我的花语是:永恒的爱,浓情厚谊,永不变的心。
    i think “forget-me-not” is the best gift for sarah when i meet her next time.
    我认为下次和莎拉见面时给她送“勿忘我”是再好不过的礼物了。
    表达我的爱
    dialogue
    today is valentine's day.
    今天是情人节。
    jeffrey: happy valentine's day, my sweetheart! these roses are for you.
    杰弗里:情人节快乐,我的至爱!这些玫瑰是送给你的。
    anne: how beautiful! i love these flowers. thank you, honey.
    安妮:好漂亮的花,我很喜欢。谢谢你,亲爱的。
    jeffrey: we have been hand in hand for one year. it's my happiest time in my life with your company.
    杰弗里:我们牵手有一年了。和你相伴的日子,是我一生中最快乐的时光。
    anne: me, too. jeffrey. life is sweet in your arms.
    安妮:我也是,杰弗里。有你的怀抱,生活很甜蜜。
    jeffrey: there are ups and downs in our life. but you are always my beloved one. i will make you the happiest girl in the world.
    杰弗里:我们的生活中有开心,也有难过。但你一直是我最爱的人。我会让你成为世界上最幸福的女孩。
    anne: thank you for your affection to me, honey. i'm so happy to meet you in my life.
    安妮:谢谢你对我的感情,亲爱的。在生命中能遇到你真的很幸福。
    jeffrey: are you willing to marry me,honey?
    杰弗里:你愿意嫁给我吗,亲爱的?
    anne: yes.
    安妮:是的。
    jeffrey: this ring is for you. let me put it on for you. i'll take care of you for my whole life.
    杰弗里:这个戒指是为你准备的,让我为你戴上。我会照顾你一辈子的。
    anne: a delicate ring! i think i will be very beautiful with it in the wedding.
    安妮:好精致的戒指!我想在婚礼上戴上它会很漂亮。
    jeffrey: you are always be, honey.
    杰弗里:你一直都很漂亮,亲爱的。
    notes
    1. sweetheart [?swi:thɑ:t] n. 心上人,恋人,情人
    2. honey [?h?ni] n. 爱人,恋人;宝贝;蜂蜜;甘美;可爱的东西
    3. hand in hand 手拉手,牵手
    4. company [?k?mp?ni] n. 伴随,陪伴;客人;朋友;一群人;公司
    5. in one's arms 在某人的怀抱里
    6. ups and downs 起伏,代指生活中的开心和难过
    7. beloved [bi?l?vd] adj. 为……所深爱的,亲爱的,敬爱的
    8. ring [ri?] n. 戒指,环,圈,环状物;铃声,钟声;v. 按(铃),敲(钟),打电话给
    小贴士
    简单但实用的表达爱意的句子:
    1. you're the most beautiful girl i've ever seen.
    你是我见过的最漂亮的女孩。
    2. i fall in love with you at first sight.
    我对你一见钟情。
    3. my love for you is as deep as the sea.
    我对你的爱深似海。
    4. i really love you.
    我真心爱你。
    5. i have no appetite because of you.
    我为你茶不思饭不想。
    6. i'm head over heels in love with you.
    我为你神魂颠倒。
    7. i miss you every minute.
    我无时无刻不在想着你。
    8. i think of you night and day.
    我时时刻刻都想着你。
    9. i will always keep a warm place in my heart for you.
    在我心里永远有一块最温暖的地方属于你。
    10. i love you with all my heart.
    我全心全意地爱着你。
    失恋了
    dialogue
    daisy and her boyfriend just broke up.
    黛西和男朋友刚刚分手。
    mary: daisy, why are you still in bed? it's 9 o'clock. you should get up right now.
    玛丽:黛西,你怎么还没起床?都9点了。你应该马上起床。
    daisy: i'm not feeling well. i don't want to do anything.
    黛西:我感觉不舒服。我什么都不想干。
    mary: what's the matter? are you sick?
    玛丽:怎么了?生病了吗?
    daisy: yes, mentally.
    黛西:是的,精神出毛病了。
    mary: what do you mean by that?
    玛丽:你说这是什么意思?
    daisy: i have just separated with mark.
    黛西:我刚和马克分手了。
    mary: when did that happen?
    玛丽:什么时候?
    daisy: last night, he said i was not the girl that he wanted. then he went away without turning back any more.
    黛西:昨晚。他说我不是他想要的那种女生,然后他就头也不回地走了。
    mary: oh, i'm sorry to hear that.
    玛丽:哦,很遗憾听到这个消息。
    daisy: there's full of the happy scenes when we were together in my brain. i felt i had lost my heart to him and i can't find it.
    黛西:我脑海里全是我们在一起时的快乐场景。我感觉自己的心陷进去了,找不回来了。
    mary: take it easy. you have just lost a boy who doesn't deserve your love. daisy,everything will be ok.
    玛丽:放轻松些。你只不过失去了一个不值得你爱的男生。黛西,一切都会好起来的。
    daisy: i just can't adjust to the single life now.
    黛西:我只是现在适应不了单身生活。
    mary: single life is wonderful! look at me,no sadness, no worry, and no pain. you'll enjoy it. i'll always be by your side.
    玛丽:单身生活很美妙啊!看我,没有伤心事,一切都不用担心,也没有痛苦。你会喜欢上的。我会一直陪伴着你。
    daisy: you are so kind, mary. you are my best friend forever.
    黛西:你真好,玛丽。你永远是我最好的朋友。
    notes
    1. mentally [?ment?li] adv. 心理上,精神上;智力上
    2. separate [?sep?reit] v. 分开,脱离;分手,分散;隔离;adj. 分离的,独立的
    3. separate with sb. 同某人分开,同某人分手
    4. turn back 返回,转回去,折转
    5. scene [si:n] n. 场面,景象;(戏剧的)一场;(舞台)布景
    6. lose one's heart to 迷恋,倾心于
    7. deserve [di?z?:v] v. 应受赏(罚);应得,值得
    8. adjust [??d??st] v. 获得校准;适应于(to)
    9. by one's side 在某人身边,陪伴某人
    小贴士
    给失恋的人:
    1. love is a lamp, while friendship is the shadow. when the lamp is off, you will find the shadow around you. friend is who can give you strength at last.
    爱情是灯,友情是影子,当灯灭了,你会发现你的周围都是影子。朋友,是在最后可以给你力量的人。
    2. love makes man grow up or sink down. which one do you choose if you are unlucky in love?
    爱情,要么让人成熟,要么让人堕落。如果你失恋了你会怎么做?
    3. don't forget the things once you owned. treasure the things you can't get. don't give up the things that belong to you and keep those lost things in memory.
    曾经拥有的,不要忘记。不能得到的,更要珍惜。属于自己的,不要放弃。已经失去的,留作回忆。
    4. the number of activities you can now commit to without the time constraints of a relationship are endless. try finding a new hobby, such as travelling, surfing or taking hip-hop dance classes.
    没有了爱情,你的时间一下子自由了很多,你可以做很多你原来没有时间去做的事。找一个新的爱好,比如旅游、冲浪或者学跳街舞。
    嫁给我好吗
    dialogue
    today is alisa and henry's 20th wedding anniversary, they are recalling the day when henry proposed marriage to alisa.
    今天是艾丽莎和亨利20周年结婚纪念日。他们一起回忆求婚的日子。
    alisa: today is the 20th anniversary of our marriage. can you still recall the day when you asked me to marry you, henry?
    艾丽莎:今天是我们结婚20周年纪念日,亨利。你还记得你向我求婚那天吗?
    henry: of course i can. we were on the beach that day. it was a sunny afternoon.
    亨利:当然记得了。那天我们在沙滩上,那是个阳光明媚的下午。
    alisa: you were a handsome boy at that time. but there are wrinkles on your forehead now.
    艾丽莎:你那时是个英俊的小伙,但现在你额头都爬上了皱纹。
    henry: you were so beautiful 20 years ago,and i was totally infatuated with you. i wanted to marry you so much that i proposed to you with a borrowed ring that afternoon. you know i was poor at that time. and i got down on one knee in front of you with many people on the beach surrounding us.
    亨利:20年前你真美丽,我彻底迷恋上了你。我太想和你结婚了,以至于那天下午我用借来的戒指向你求婚。你知道,我那时很穷。然后我在沙滩上在众多人的见证下单膝跪在你面前向你求婚。
    alisa: oh, jesus christ! i have been cheated for 20 years. but i'm still very happy. whom did you borrow it from?
    艾丽莎:噢,天呐!我居然被骗了20年。但我仍然很高兴。你从谁那儿借来的?
    henry: it was from one of my best friends.i paid for it later. so we have never returned the ring back.
    亨利:是从我一个最好的朋友那儿借的。后来我付了钱,所以我们一直没有把戒指还回去。
    alisa: so tricky you were, honey!
    艾丽莎:你可真会耍诡计,亲爱的!
    henry: and i was no more happier when i heard “yes” after i said “will you marry me,alisa?”
    亨利:当我说完“你愿意嫁给我吗,艾丽莎?”,听到你说“愿意”时,我真的再高兴不过了。
    alisa: yeah, the scenes are still in my mind. i was moved by your honesty from your eyes at that moment.
    艾丽莎:是啊,那些情景现在仍然历历在目。那一刻我被你眼睛里的真诚打动了。
    henry: do you mind that it was a borrowed ring, alisa?
    亨利:你现在还介意戒指是借来的吗,艾丽莎?
    alisa: no, never. life is very happy these years with you.
    艾丽莎:不,从不会。这些年来和你生活得很幸福。
    henry: today is a special for us. i'll take you to the gold store, honey. i should buy you a better one.
    亨利:今天对我们来说是个特殊的日子。我带你去金店吧,亲爱的。我应该给你买一个更好的。
    alisa: how nice you are!
    艾丽莎:你真好!
    notes
    1. anniversary [??ni?v?:s?ri] n. 周年纪念
    2. recall [ri?k?:l] v. 记得,回想起,回忆起,使人想起;提醒
    3. wrinkle [?ri?kl] n. 皱纹;褶皱;v.(使)起皱纹,皱缩
    4. infatuate [in'f?tjueit] v. 被(一时强烈的激情或爱慕)冲昏头脑,迷恋
    5. be infatuated with 热恋,着迷
    6. propose [pr??p?uz] v. 提出,提议,建议;推荐;向某人求婚
    7. tricky [?triki] adj.(形势、工作等)复杂的;狡猾的,诡计多端的;机警的;难处理的
    8. honesty [??nisti] n. 诚实,正直,坦诚
    小贴士
    how to propose? 怎样求婚?
    1. are you both ready?你们都准备好了吗?
    much more than the proposal, the marriage itself and the fact that you are asking them to spend the rest of their life with you are what it's all about.
    2. choose the ring. 选择戒指
    stay within your budget(such as spending two month's salary on a diamond)when buying a ring.
    3. set the romantic scene. 设置浪漫的场景
    it could be the place you had your first date or somewhere you've both always wanted to go but have never been. if you are at home you can create a romantic atmosphere and tailor it to your partner. wherever you choose,you should make it the most popular place to propose.
    4. prepare for the unexpected. 未雨绸缪
    no matter how much preparation you are going to put into your proposal,it's highly likely that things won't go exactly according to your plan.
    步入婚姻殿堂
    dialogue
    bill and joy are going to get married. now they are preparing for the wedding.
    比尔和乔伊要结婚了。现在他们正在为婚礼做准备。
    bill: honey, our wedding is coming. i think we shall get everything prepared for that.
    比尔:亲爱的,我们的婚礼就快到了。我想我们应该把一切都准备好。
    joy: yes, the design of wedding invitation has been completed. i designed it myself.
    乔伊:是啊,婚礼请柬的设计已经完成了。是我自己设计的。
    bill: oh, my ingenious sweetheart. it is such an elaborate design. the guests will like it very much.
    比尔:哇哦,我聪明的宝贝。这真是一个精美的设计。宾客们会非常喜欢的。
    joy: don't forget that my major was graphic design in college.
    乔伊:别忘了我在大学学的是平面设计专业。
    bill: and there's also an exciting thing. i have been waiting for taking our wedding photos for a long time.
    比尔:还有一件令人兴奋的事。我期待拍我们的婚纱照已经很久了。
    joy: me too, honey. which style do you like best?
    乔伊:我也是,亲爱的。你最喜欢哪种风格?
    bill: i think the elegant and warm styles are suitable to us. what do you think of it?
    比尔:我觉得淡雅温馨的风格最适合我们。你觉得呢?
    joy: there's a picture in my mind now. you take me with a bicycle. and we are riding on the countryside road which is full of beautiful flowers on both sides.
    乔伊:现在我的脑海里有一副图片。你骑着自行车带着我,走在郊外小路上,小路两旁开满了鲜花。
    bill: i can image that. it will be a very brilliant picture. let's choose a good photo studio to make the wonderful idea come true.
    比尔:我能想象得到。那将是一张非常出色的照片。我们去选一个不错的影楼,把这个绝妙的想法变成现实。
    joy: sure, honey. i'm always of one mind with you.
    乔伊:一定,亲爱的。我们总是能想到一块儿。
    notes
    1. invitation [?invi?tei??n] n. 邀请;请柬,请帖
    2. elaborate [i?l?b?rit] adj. 复杂的;精巧的,精心制作的
    [i'l?b?reit] v. 详尽说明,详细制定
    3. graphic [?gr?fik] adj.绘画的,文字的,图表的;形象的,生动的
    4. graphic design 平面设计
    5. elegant [?elig?nt] adj. 优美的,文雅的;讲究的;简洁的,简练的
    6. brilliant [?brilj?nt] adj. 明亮的;光辉的,辉煌的;聪明的,才华横溢的,卓越的,极好的;(声名)显赫的;n. 宝石,(尤指切割成多面形的)钻石
    7. studio [?stju:di?u] n. 播音室,录音室;画室;摄影室,电影摄影棚;制片厂;(艺术家的)工作室
    小贴士
    结婚周年怎样表达:
    paper wedding 纸婚1周年
    tin wedding 锡婚2周年
    crystal wedding 水晶婚15周年
    china wedding 搪瓷婚20周年
    silver wedding 银婚25周年
    pearl wedding 珍珠婚30周年
    ruby wedding 红宝石婚40周年
    golden wedding 金婚50周年
    diamond wedding 钻石婚60周年
    初为人父
    dialogue
    as a young father, obviously carl doesn't know how to take care of the baby.
    作为一个年轻的父亲,卡尔显然不知道怎样照顾婴儿。
    carl: linda, our baby had a pee on the bed. you come here to deal with it.
    卡尔:琳达,我们的孩子尿床了。你过来处理一下。
    linda: doesn't our baby wear any paper diaper?
    琳达:孩子难道没有穿纸尿裤吗?
    carl: i take a bath for him just now. he doesn't wear anything now.
    卡尔:我刚才给他洗了个澡,现在什么都没穿。
    linda: oh, how about our bed?
    琳达:噢,我们的床怎么样了?
    carl: it's all wet now. we need to change a clean bedsheet.
    卡尔:现在全湿了。我们需要换一条新床单。
    linda: how can you make him piss on the bed? i think you need to have a course of baby care.
    琳达:你怎么能让他在床上撒尿?我想你需要去上婴儿护理培训的课程。
    carl: i didn't know the baby wanted to have a pee. this is my first time as a father.
    卡尔:我不知道他想要撒尿。这是我第一次当爸爸。
    linda: ok, i will sign up a training class for you tomorrow.
    琳达:好吧,我明天就去帮你报一个培训班。
    carl: no, no, no. this kind of class is for mothers, ok? have you seen any man attending this class before?
    卡尔:不不不,这种课程是为妈妈们准备的,好吗?你以前见过有男人参加这种课程吗?
    linda: but who would take care of our kid if i'm not at home?
    琳达:那如果我不在家时谁去照顾我们的孩子?
    carl: i have an idea. you resign your job and stay home as a full-time housewife from tomorrow.
    卡尔:我有一个想法。从明天开始,你把工作辞了,在家当全职太太好了。
    notes
    1. pee [pi:] n. 小便,撒尿;v. 小便,去撒尿
    2. have a pee 撒尿,小便
    3. diaper [?dai?p?] n.(北美)尿布;重复菱形花纹的棉麻织物
    4. bath [bɑ:θ] n. 沐浴,洗澡;浴缸;v.(给……)洗澡
    5. take a bath 洗澡
    6. bedsheet [bed?i:t] n. 床单
    7. piss [pis] n. 尿;撒尿;v. 撒尿;倾盆而下
    8. resign [ri?zain] v. 辞职;放弃
    小贴士
    south korea is set to allow up to five days of paternity leave starting next year(in 2012)as an attempt to raise the country's low birth rate. three days are paid leave,and the other two days are unpaid leave. in china, if a wife older than 24 years old gave birth to her first baby, her husband will be entitled to paid leave of 10 days.
    韩国将从明年(2012年)开始将“父亲假”延至5天,此举是为了提高韩国的低生育率。其中3天是带薪假期,两天是无薪假期。在中国,如果妻子在24岁后初次生育,丈夫将享有10天的带薪护理假。
    无奈的离婚
    dialogue
    the marriage of andrew and sherry has come to the end.
    安德鲁和雪莉的婚姻已经走到尽头了。
    andrew: sherry, we shall have a divorce now. i must bring this forward today.
    安德鲁:雪莉,我们离婚吧。我今天必须提出来。
    sherry: you don't love me any more, is that right?
    雪莉:你不再爱我了,对吗?
    andrew: sometimes love is not the answer. love can't solve all the problems between us.
    安德鲁:有时候爱并不是答案。爱情并不能解决我们之间的所有问题。
    sherry: but do you think divorce is good for us? don't you care even a bit about the sentiment between us?
    雪莉:但是你认为离婚就对我们好?你难道一点也不在乎我们之间的感情吗?
    andrew: but the fact is that we always hold different opinions. sometimes we even quarrel several times in one day. i can't bear it any more.
    安德鲁:但事实是我们总是意见不一致。有时我们甚至一天要吵几次架。我再也不能忍受了。
    sherry: we quarrel because you don't understand me. you only care about your own feeling.
    雪莉:我们吵架是因为你不理解我,你只在意自己的感受。
    andrew: maybe it is because we have different dispositions and views of life. we are just not suitable to stay together.
    安德鲁:或许是因为我们有着不同的性格和生活观念。我们在一起并不合适。
    sherry: you are just like two different people before and after the marriage. you always comforted and pleased me when we were in love. but what i can see all day is your cloudy face after the marriage.
    雪莉:你婚前婚后就像是两个人。我们相爱时你经常哄我,让我开心。但婚后我整天能看到的就是你那阴沉的脸。
    andrew: i have been too exhausted to love, sherry. you can find one who would love you more.
    安德鲁:我已经疲惫得不能再爱了,雪莉。你会遇到更爱你的人的。
    sherry: i can understand a saying now: men are always unreliable.
    雪莉:我终于理解了一句话:男人是靠不住的。
    notes
    1. divorce [di?v?:s] n. 离婚,分离; v. 与……离婚,分离
    2. bring forward 提出;提议,建议
    3. sentiment [?sentim?nt] n.(对怜悯、怀旧等的)柔情;观点,意见
    4. disposition [?disp??zi??n] n. 气质,天性,性格;安排,布置
    5. exhausted [ig?z?:stid] adj. 耗尽的,用完的;筋疲力尽的,精疲力竭的
    6. unreliable [??nri?lai?bl] adj. 不可靠的,不可信任的;不稳定的
    小贴士
    “离婚”的表达方式:
    1. divorce
    she has filed a petition for divorce after suffering from long-time domestic violence.
    因为长期遭受家庭暴力,她已向法院申请离婚。
    2. break up
    break up 有“结束一段关系”的意思,比如“结束一段友情,结束一段恋情或者婚姻”。
    their marriage broke up last month.
    他们上个月离婚了。
    3. spill up
    they split up after a five-year marriage.
    他们结婚长达5年后离婚了。
    4. break a marriage
    we wouldn't go as far as to break the marriage.
    我们还不至于到离婚的地步。